Almost every day,
we engage in conversations with others, from a simple hello, to long talks and
debates. Understanding how to join a conversation is important because if you
can provide solid information that is relevant to the conversation, then you
can apply that to writing papers and books. Because writing is just like a
conversation where your readers are the people you’re talking to and your
writing is simply just your input on a specific topic, which is backed by the
information you have heard, read, or seen.
Writing for me is
difficult, but when I think about writing as just a formal conversation that I
am just writing down, it seems much easier to understand. Because if you take a
step back and think about what writing is, it is really just the writer having
a conversation to you about the subject of his book, except instead of him actually
talking to you it’s in the form of writing. I also like Palmquest's idea of the
six different roles in writing which is simply just six the different opinions
and points of view you can have on a specific topic. This is much easier to
understand than just telling someone to write in a different opinion because
each of the roles has a specific definition of what that particular roles
opinion is. So I’d like to think that I have improved as a writer because now I
understand how writing is just like a conversation and also how much work it
must be for writers to relate their writing to their readers because every
reader opinions are different based on their past and present situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment